Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 - S

 I know this is terrible of me to be posting a picture of such deliciousness.... a diet blog with a burger on it? I'm sorry. Don't jump off the wagon! It's OK to indulge once in while... just make sure you come back sooner than later!
So why do I post these pictures? Because this is what happened to me yesterday. I'm being painfully honest on this blog and so you must know. My husband brought this lovely box of delicious, melt-in-you-mouth cocoa dusted chocolate truffles (seriously tastes like a ball of Hershey's syrup dipped in Dutch Cocoa) home last night. As PO'd as I was that he did so, I had to try them. Baaaaaad idea. 
Yesterday was all in all a rough day for everyone here. I had planned on making steaks and even had them defrosting... but he wanted something fattening and fried. I opted for Steak and Shake (side note: you can get a cheeseburger and fries for under 500 calories here... GREAT CHOICE. Just beware of the chili and other items!) and he and the kids had McD's. But SNS's shakes are terribly bad for you, and McD's ice cream machine was down, so we stopped at Wendy's for Frosty's (not my idea... I hate frosty's, but I wanted ice cream, dangit!)
I almost didn't jump on the scale this morning. I even thought of putting the whole diet idea on hold until Monday... but I pulled out the Wii Fit Board and jumped on. And guess what? I LOST weight... almost 3 pounds since Tuesday! That's right, I am now at 223.4! Yeah baby! Since starting Atkins in Oct, I have lost 5.9lbs, 5.3 of that being the last 3 days after the gorge that is also known as Christmas and New Years. So it's back on the wagon for me! 

Here's a look at today's menu:

Breakfast: 

I snuck a couple more truffles... don't hate! 

Lunch:

Ham and Cheese
Olives, Peppers and Ranch dip

Dinner:

Steak with sauteed spinach with lemon juice
tomatoes with red wine vinegar

Snack:

Shake/Bar 

Total NC: 17.4


Anyone want some delicious truffles?? I'd gladly bring them by!

No comments:

Post a Comment