Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 1st ~ January 5th: The F Edition

So, in case it isn’t obvious, I feel that I should point out that the S in this F and S duo is the ambitious, go-getter, especially seeing as how I’m checking in to blog several days late.

Better late than never, here is my story. My name is Felisha and I’ve always struggled with my weight. By always, I don’t mean just a few years, I quite literally mean the entirety of my life. When I was  18 years old I had a weigh in at a doctor’s appointment and had my first 200+ weigh in at somewhere around 225. I was devastated…although I can’t really remember a weigh in that was less than 200. In 2011 I decided to plan a European backpacking trip for 2012. Doing this I knew I would have to step on the scale. Although I knew it was going to be a large number, I didn’t expect to see just shy of 300 lbs. staring me in the face.  The number was 292.6. I quickly went to work to try and lose at least a little before I left for Europe, and before leaving I was able to get down to 277 lbs. After returning home I stepped on the scale and pegged out at 263. Nearly six months have passed since I walked back through the door, and after weighing in on January 1, 2013, I was at my lowest in a very long time….260.6. Although I don’t quite know what I owe for being lower than when I stepped through the door all that time ago, I am immensely thankful for it. At this point, all of my goals are small. The first number I want to see is 252, followed quickly by 242 for a nice starter number of 50 lbs. lost. After that…I hope to get reacquainted with the 100’s. The day that I step on the scale and hit 199 will be one of the sweetest days of my life.

I’ve had four days of the diet and exercise, but seeing as how my weigh in day will be Saturday from here on out, I had to go ahead and weigh in even though it hasn’t been a full first week.  Over the course of four days I managed to lose 2.4 lbs. Slow and steady, but I’m happy.  Six more lbs. until I reach 40 lbs. gone! Here’s to a good week!

Also, due to weight, I’m afraid I do not have a picture (I’m sure family does, somewhere) of me at my 292.6. The best I can supply is from somewhere in the 270's while in Austria over the summer.
Until next time,

F

No comments:

Post a Comment