Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Meet S.... aka She-She

 That was me... Spring of 2005, living it up in So-Cal... somewhere around 150-160lbs, size 10.

Me... Fall 2012, living it up in So-Georgia.... somewhere around 220lbs, size 18.

So what happened to me? Besides having 2 kids via C-Section... here is my story:

It all started 2 weeks after I got married. I became very sick. A trip to the doctors showed my platelet count was critically low, and after a 24 hour stay in the ER, the doctors still weren't sure what was wrong with me. A hematologist put me on a steroid called Prednisone with a warning that it has a tendency to plump you up. It was a 7 month trial trying to get my platelet count to raise, all the while trying to ween off the meds. Finally, 3 days before my birthday (Sept 2007), I was told my numbers had been stabilized enough that I could be off the meds completely.  Although, during this time, my weight had jumped from 185 to 225. I started Isagenix and made it back to around 190 but then found out we were expecting our son. 
A move to Utah and my first C-Section later, I was back to 190 and slipping into my then-"skinny" jeans. 
I'm not sure what happened the following year (2009)... perhaps it was the Schwans food, or lack of control, or my metabolism finally slowing... but I was back up to 215. 
At this point, I jumped on the HCG Wagon at the beginning of 2010. I lost about 20 lbs and felt great, but I knew my eating habits weren't healthy, and we wanted to try for baby #2. 
My daughter's pregnancy was rough on me. I had a major lack in desire for food. My OB actually put me on a high-carb, high-electrolyte diet to try and help me gain weight. After she was born, I was once again around 190. And once again, I have no idea what happened the following year. 
I can, however, pin point my latest weight gain trigger: Thanksgiving 2011. Food, food, and more food galore. And there was no stopping me. Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Pie, Coconut Pie... plus the rolls, turkey, stuffing, crackers and cheese, and the list goes on.


The week following that Thanksgiving, I gained 10lbs! And I discovered a local grocery store's Award Winning Key Lime Pie... to which the following 6 months, I had eaten 4 by myself. 

Then, in the Fall 2012, I was introduced to the New Atkins diet. I read and researched and threw out all negative thoughts I'd had about it previously and started. I saw immediate results, losing 10 lbs my first 2 weeks. But then Halloween happened, and as I tried to stay obedient, I still gave in. Then Thanksgiving happened. And I decided to take a small break and enjoy Christmas and New Years. 
With a new year upon us, I have decided this is my year. My year to finally get rid of this fat for good, with the help of a program that trains my body to work differently, resulting in REAL weight loss, while helping me to feel energized and excited about life! 

I have tried low-calorie, low-fat, counting calories, going to the gym... all that mumbo gumbo.. and it has not worked for me. I always felt like I was starving, and yet the scale wasn't budging... but with Atkins, I'm not hungry, and I feel great and the scale goes DOWN! It's amazing. This is the Chronicle of my journey to lose 80 lbs (or more if I feel like it), and get back my life so that I can enjoy my kids and husband and be the person I want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment